Last night Aaron and I went to get some fresh, local goods at the Red Barn Market. I was pretty excited to see that some 5lb boxes of fresh blueberries had just arrived that day. Paired with some shaved fresh fennel and Arugula from the garden, this salad was a true beauty.
- 1 1/2 cups Arugula
- 1 1/2 cups Romaine Lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 4 Tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp crushed Almonds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Juice and Zest of one Organic Lemon
- 2 Tbsp East Coast Maple Syrup
- Pepper to taste
Combine all of the salad ingredients and set aside in a large bowl. Whisk dressing together and gently toss into the salad just before serving. So very tasty!